YARD SALE NEEDS YOU!!!
We are in full planning mode for our annual Yard Sale Day, June 4 (Saturday). Yard sale drop off will begin on Sunday, May 29 after church service. Sign up can be done on posted sign-up sheets or on sign-up on the Yard Sale website at www.poplutheran.org/yardsale. The Yard Sale is a great way to give back to the community, to meet members of the congregation you don’t know, and to have FUN!!! The event is also an important fundraiser for the congregation. Direct any questions to Christian Michel at firstname.lastname@example.org or Bill Harral at email@example.com and they also can also find just the “job” to match your time and talents. If each adult member will do at least two things on the list below, the event will be a huge success.
- Say “YES” when approached by a Council member to coordinate or co-coordinate a department.
- Say “YES” when approached by a Department Coordinator to help with a department.
- Each time you drop off items, make sure that items arrive at the department they belong; sort clothes into designated sections.
- After you properly drop off items, donate at least an hour to help with a department that needs help sorting and/or pricing. How-to guides will be posted in most departments.
- Have expertise? Help identify valuable items from the mounds of stuff.
- Starting on May 29th bring in large sized cardboard boxes, plastic grocery bags and spare hangers for the Clothing Department.
- Work any day/evening with truck pick-up of furniture.
- Donate needed food items for our snack bar.
- On June 4, work in a department for at least 2 hours, especially between 7-10 (the busiest time).
- Volunteer to help with clean-up (2 pm on Saturday June 4th).